This work has been led by Dr Jon Hillier and team at Aberdeen University. We are now ready to share our progress on this important work with you! The model has been designed so further crops can be easily added once suitable data can be found, parameterised and incorporated.
- Background on the Cool Farm Alliance and Cool Farm Tool
- Progress to date developing a generic model and crop-specific parameters. Parameters now cover citrus, cocoa, vines, miscanthus, switchgrass, olives, sugarcane, apples and coffee. Parameters for oil palm, tea and bananas are now being added.
- An invitation to participate in ongoing development process
- A request to contribute funding to bringing this model into the online Cool Farm Tool
- To understand your priority crops, model factors and parameters
- To engage a small team into the development process.
- The webinar will be held on Monday 30th January at 15.00 UK, 16.00 EU, 10.00 EST and will last approx. 1.5 hrs
- Please register for CFT Perennials here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3846725372777146114
- Richard Heathcote, Cool Farm Alliance Adviser,
- Dr. Jon Hillier, University of Aberdeen
- Dr. Alicia Ledo, University of Aberdeen